Thursday, May 11, 2017

Song #44: "Don't Shed A Tear"--Paul Carrack (1987)

Today, another strong entry into the category of songs where one lover essentially pronounces to the other, don't let the door hit you too hard on the way out.  :)

This time, it's the former lead singer of the underrated 1980's group Squeeze who provides us with an anthem for guys (or ladies) who are still working through the anger of the end of a relationship, but in this case, are more interested in using it as fuel to move forward rather than wallowing in the "what could have been".

Now, by the time this song debuted, I was weeks away from saying my "I Do's", and writing my first yearly check to Bonnie to stay married (a long running joke here in Witham Nation), but I could see where this song would have played well with me a time or two during the angst of high school and early college.

In fact, another song that plays on this theme from my high school years will be up in just a few days (spoiler alert!). For now though, enjoy the hard-driving sounds of Paul's biggest solo hit from (gulp!), 29 years ago.

And, of course, around here, you get the full version, not the radio edit.  :)

#CabFareToNowhere




No comments: