Friday, November 04, 2016

Song #232: "No More Words"--Berlin (1984)

It's the first of two appearances from a Los Angeles based band who finally saw their first real charting success with today's tune, the first single from their album, "Love Life".

"No More Words" was released in March of 1984 during probably the lowest point of my high school career. I bombed in forensics after placing third in the state in original oratory the previous year, the girl I liked had no reciprocal feelings, and our choral director was bravely fighting cancer, which forced the cancellation of a full spring musical.

Two months later, my Dad's brain aneurysm was discovered, and life really changed. So, I embraced this song that spring, sometimes relating to portions of the lyrics down to the very depths of my soul.

As an aside, the video today is "Bonnie and Clyde: The MTV Version".

Berlin's biggest success would come two years later, topping charts everywhere with "Take My Breath Away" from the movie "Top Gun", but that won't be the other Berlin song in our Top 500. Terri Nunn and company will return, but a hint for you, we won't see them for months to come.  :) :)


No comments: