Monday, November 14, 2016

Song #222: "Chiquitita"--Abba (1979)

The first single from their monster album, "Voulez-Vous", which I owned, it's the second of six Abba tunes on our musical journey.

Yes, I was, and still am, a HUGE Abba fan. No, I didn't go see Mamma Mia (the musical or the movie), that's not for me. But their music was a major part of my 1970's soundtrack, as the latter half of the countdown will unveil.

This song also "re-introduced" itself to me while listening to their "Gold" CD after my Mama passed away late in 2002. Talk about turning your "mourning into dancing" as The Bible says, I can't tell you how many times I would be driving in the van, or sitting in the back parking lot at Clear Channel, either arriving early in the morning, or leaving late at night, turn this song on, and proceed to cry, a lot, but smile through my tears during the chorus.

Then, add the final minute or so of this song, it becomes a beautiful suite, and certainly a presentation that provokes a myriad of emotions, all in one package. At age 25, this wouldn't be in this countdown. Now, most definitely.

I continue daily to "try once more" and "sing a new song".

You should, too.  :)


No comments: