Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Song #248: "Dream Police"--Cheap Trick (1979)

Most people, when they think of Cheap Trick in the 1970's, think of their big hit, "I Want You To Want Me". Frankly, I didn't like that song at all.

"Dream Police", however, the first single from and title track from their 1979 LP, is another story. This song is jam packed with fun, great sing-along moments, a crazy bridge, and a super suspenseful build-up.

I don't know about you, but I dream every night. Most nights, I remember my dreams while they go on, briefly upon awakening, then can just remember vague generalities, but not specifics once the day is going. Occasionally, I remember the dream well, sometimes vividly, like last night, where I dreamed of being in Alaska and they were about to start a period of windstorms expected to last 12-18 MONTHS. So glad it was a dream for all you Alaskans out there.  :)

And, recently, I had a first. Have you ever dreamed about falling, only to wake up before you "land"? Well, after 49 plus years, I dreamed I fell, and I actually landed. And, I was fine.

What does it mean? I have no idea. Maybe it was the Cap'n Crunch just before bed. :)

Anyway, enjoy Cheap Trick's contribution to our musical journey!


No comments: