Thursday, September 08, 2016

Song #289: "Lawyers In Love"--Jackson Browne (1983)

Hey, remember yesterday when I discussed loving music and musicians in spite of their political disposition?

You can count Jackson Browne into that mix as well. I'm sure if we ever met for lunch, talking about Ronald Reagan would be a bad idea, but I so dig his 1983 dig at the then-President, the title track of Browne's latest album at the time.

It ended up as his fourth highest charting single on the Billboard Top 100, peaking at #13 early in my junior year of high school, from an album that gave us other good gems like "For A Rocker" and "Tender Is The Night".

Frankly, I'm little surprised Browne's only contribution to our Top 500 as a solo artist comes here. "For A Rocker" was a great tune, and "Doctor My Eyes" is a classic. And, if you want a window into how Browne's early song-making routine was, if you haven't watched it already, check out the 2013 documentary, "The History of The Eagles". In Part 1, there's a great discussion of how he finally got "Doctor My Eyes" together after many long hours, thanks in part to a teapot.

Do you remember "Lawyers In Love"?  :)


No comments: