Monday, September 19, 2016

Song #278: "Precious Love"--Bob Welch (1979)

From the spring of '79 comes our final, and my favorite, musical contribution from the late Bob Welch, former member of Fleetwood Mac who, in the end, had a decent solo career throughout the late 1970's.

"Sentimental Lady" turned out to be his biggest radio hit, but a little over a year later, he released today's tune, a song that I thought was underserved by radio and should have done better on the charts (it peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100).

Those of you from my generation may click the link below and think, "Whoa, I haven't heard this in years!" That's one of the reasons why I'm sharing my favorite songs with the universe in general. A long forgotten musical memory can bring back some of the best feelings ever.

So enjoy our top Bob Welch song, "Precious Love"!


No comments: