Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Song #284: "Honey, I'm Home"--Shania Twain (1998)

While technically today's song was first heard in late 1997 when lots of Shania Twain fans were given "Come On Over" as a Christmas present, it got its chance on country radio in the Summer of 1998.

Just like the Dixie Chicks tune from about a week ago on our countdown, here is another case of a song finding me, somehow, though the difference this time is the importance of its status as a single.

I have a vague memory of being in the parking lot of the then-new Target near Virginia Center Commons and this song coming on the radio. Maybe I was just flipping the dial, because I wasn't listening to country radio in 1998. I hadn't listened to country radio since WXGI when I was a little kid.

Somehow, Shania's song and my ears found each other, and I immediately fell in love with the song. Great driving tune, simplistic in a good way, with several gallons of sass as Twain laments about her job, her pay, her car, and her sore feet.

Hey, we've all looked at the clock wishing it was 5:00 when it was still only 1:30. So, for every time you've felt that way, and wanted somebody to be waiting for you to treat you like a queen (or a king) after the day is done, press play below.  :)


No comments: