Sunday, April 23, 2017

Song #62: "Steve McQueen"--Sheryl Crow (2002)

Today marks the highest ranked song in my Top 500 countdown from the 21st Century, and, to be perfectly honest with you, I have absolutely no idea how I and this song intersected.

However it did happen, it caused me to purchase Sheryl Crow's, "C'Mon, C'Mon" CD, where I also discovered this Top 500 song from last fall.

This tune is tailor made for using, shall we say, maximum effort, from your car speakers. :)

And, given the subject matter of the song, an actor who appeared in two of my favorite movies, "The Blob" and "The Towering Inferno", who had a certain affinity for race cars and speed, it almost feels weird to listen to it in your home or somewhere else that is stationary.

Don't speed, but crank it up!  :)


No comments: