Sunday, March 19, 2017

Song #97: "Like It Or Not"--Genesis (1981)

From the album that solidified my status as a super fan of Genesis, "Abacab", comes the sixth of ten songs by the band in our Top 500, which means Genesis occupies five of the Top 100 positions.

From the very opening of the song, it screams of someone who has finally reached the breaking point with the love who has decided to leave, move on, or, possibly, just dump you. Collins' ability to literally ooze the emotion of the lyric is amazing on a regular basis, but this is a four-star display.

It's a song that I, frankly, sang along to with earnest many times when suffering from lost or unrequited love during those awkward years known as junior high and high school. Today, I just love to try to sing along at the top of my lungs in the car, banging my head to the drums the entire time.

Will Genesis occupy the #1 position? We'll hear from them four more times before we're through.


No comments: