Monday, March 20, 2017

Song #96: "Tuesday Afternoon"--The Moody Blues (1967)

Two days ago we mentioned how The Go-Go's occupy three of our Top 100 positions, and yesterday we noted that Genesis will hold five.

The Moody Blues, which I think all seven billion people on earth know is my all-time favorite band, will be heard from ten times, beginning today, a full ten percent of the final hundred tunes in our musical journey.

The first is an absolute classic from their breakthrough "Days Of Future Passed" album from fifty years ago. The Moody Blues will be touring America again, and, this year, their show will be different.

The first half will be chock full of their hits. After intermission, The Moodies will play "Days Of Future Passed" live in its entirety to celebrate its 50th anniversary.

They are scheduled to be at Wolf Trap in Vienna, Virginia on July 20th, and, as providence would have it, my 50th birthday present is a ticket to go back to Wolf Trap, where I saw The Moody Blues live for the third time back in August, 2007.

Lord willing, this will be my eighth musical journey with the band that I love so much, and a much different journey this time around that I am so, so excited about.

To whet my appetite for four months from now, here's Tuesday Afternoon.


No comments: