Monday, December 12, 2016

Song #194: "A Matter Of Trust"--Billy Joel (1986)

I'm going to go ahead and tell you some of the Billy Joel songs you won't find in our countdown, as today's is the fourth of six entries.

"Piano Man"
"Only The Good Die Young"
"Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)"
"It's Still Rock and Roll To Me"
"Pressure"
"We Didn't Start The Fire"
"You May Be Right"

"Allentown" was greatly considered, as was "You're Only Human (Second Wind)", "Sometimes A Fantasy" and "Say Goodbye To Hollywood".

You can go start trying to figure out the two left to come. :)

Today's song, to me, is highly underrated, and usually not on people's lips when they are asked for their Billy Joel favorites. It would be #3 for me. And I never hear this song without hearing a radio jingle right after Billy counts at the song's beginning.

As a rookie DJ, I, of course, thought it was SO cool to hit the jingle cart so that right after "One, Two, One Two Three Four!", out came the shout jingle, "FM 96, WUPE!" So, I did it as much as I could while this song was in current rotations.


No comments: