Monday, August 01, 2016

Song #327: "I Heard A Rumour"--Bananarama (1987)

While The Go-Go's and The Bangles get most of the mentions when it comes to all-female bands of the 1980's, a word or two should be said about Bananarama.

Today, they're known mostly for their 1984 hit "Cruel Summer", which gets occasional airplay on classic hits radio. Maybe on Saturday night specialty shows you'll get their version of "Venus", and rarely, very, very rarely, you might just hear today's song.

"I Heard A Rumour" is by far my favorite Bananarama song, and, even though they'll only make this one appearance in the Rob Witham 500, I believe they deserve a shoutout for the niche they carved during, in my opinion, the greatest musical decade of them all.

So, from the late Summer of 1987, sheesh, 29 years ago, here they are! And, oh good Lord this video screams 1987.... :) :)


No comments: