Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Song #318: "I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight"--Atlanta Rhythm Section (1978)

What an underrated band.

"ARS", as some called them, had a fine career throughout the 1970's, though they weren't as popular as other southern-based bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Their biggest commercial success came with the release of the album "Champagne Jam" in 1978. Today's song was the second single from the LP, and it peaked at #14 in August, coming on the heels of the biggest hit from the release, "Imaginary Lover".

This is a great jam with a good message (save the suicide bit, obviously). I've never asked a bartender to pour me a double, but I have had that second ice cream sandwich or an extra Mountain Dew pre-heart attack days during those times where I was trying to forget whatever.

And musically? It's just a fun song, as many ARS songs were. I bet they had a fun concert experience.

They'll be back later on in the countdown.....much later..... :)


No comments: