Saturday, August 06, 2016

Song #322: "Old Days"--Chicago (1975)

This song, for me, is the "kickoff" song to the very eventful Summer of 1975 that I've chronicled earlier here on our countdown, a summer that remains to me one of the best ever for music overall.

On top of that, any song that mentioned baseball cards when I was going on 8 years old, and joining the hobby with my older brother, immediately captured my attention.

"Harry Truman", which appeared earlier in our countdown and was released as a single earlier in the year just before "Old Days", was exposure to Chicago for me, but this song was the first "new" song I remember that screamed the Chicago sound. As I got older, I discovered more of their previously released music and started loving those as well.

To put the cherry on top, you really can't beat the ending to this song. Chicago was one of the best at finding ways to putting the wrap on a song, whether cold or fade.




No comments: