Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Song #325: "Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon/I'm In Love With My Car"--Queen (1976)

Queen returns to the countdown today, this time with a "suite" of their own.

You'll recall we discussed a "suite" of music with Genesis just last week, and, yes, a look at the track listings for the album "A Night At The Opera" shows "Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon" and "I'm In Love With My Car" as two separate songs, but for as many, many times as I played that album at the Casa de Witham in Beaverdam at age nine, I look at them as peanut butter and jelly.

What a crazy masterpiece of an album "A Night At The Opera" was. Best known for "Bohemian Rhapsody", this work produced an unbelievable number of classics, from "Death On Two Legs" to the lovely ballad, "39".

It also brought us today's song(s), placed together for your enjoyment. I have to post the whole album, which isn't a bad thing.  :)

Begin at 3:45 to be lazy, then immediately get ready to pledge allegiance to your car.


No comments: