Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Song #326: "Stutter"--Maroon 5 (2010)

Before we go any further, yes, Rachel Witham is the Adam Levine lover in the family.

Correction. I think Mom's rather enamored with him, too.... :)

They both certainly enjoyed themselves at the Maroon 5 concert they attended in April, 2013 days before my heart attack. I declined to go. I saved money by watching NCIS reruns.  :)

So, when the family crosses something off the bucket list with a quick weekend trip to Cincinnati in September, 2011 to see our first live NFL game (Rachel's Bengals vs. Robbie's San Francisco 49ers), Rachel is more than happy to bring her CD copy of Maroon 5's "Hands All Over".

So, Dad gives up the ol' radio for the CD player, I think usually in the mountains where radio signals struggled, and we listened to a dose of Adam and company. And wouldn't you know it? Two songs from the album, both deep tracks, neither released singles, become my favorites.

By Monday morning at 1:30am as we're finally reaching the outskirts of Richmond on our return trip, I'm asking Rachel to play these two cuts to help me push through the final few miles before we pick up Harry J at the dog-sitter and head home for a nap before a doctor's appointment.

As time has gone by, I've picked up a couple of more of their songs that I like, such as "Sunday Morning", "Won't Go Home Without You, and "Wake Up Call". But "Stutter", and one more song, make our Top 500, the other coming down the road.

And by road I mean I-64 somewhere near Beckley, West Virginia.  :)


No comments: