Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Song #319: "Say It With Love"--The Moody Blues (1991)

Today's entry, our third from Justin and the gang, was a song I played catch up with many years after its release.

As I mentioned on a post a few weeks back, when I was Operations Manager and Music Director for the former WDYL and WGGM from 1988 to 1997, I completely immersed myself into Contemporary Christian Music ("CCM"), and, for a time, both the Southern Gospel and Christian Country formats. So the only time I would hear popular music was on the radio early in the morning doing the newspaper route.

When WRVA quit playing music in 1993, that significantly lessened the amount of music I heard until late in the decade when I became a stay-at-home Dad and returned to finish my degree as I started pastoring in Prince George. Even then, it would be in the car, on the route or running errands with the then-little ones.

So, I discovered "Say It With Love" years after its release in the Summer of 1991, when I bought their "Moody Blues Anthology" double CD in the late 90's back in the days when you could still order via this system. I came out way ahead, by the way.  :) :)


No comments: