Friday, January 18, 2008

She's home!! Whoo hoo!!

Thanks to pain and LOTS of meds (and the fact we got to the E.R. at just after midnight), wifey pretty much lost complete track of time during her 39 1/2 hours at the Gall Bladder Hotel. My same period of time? Kinda just felt like the clock was "suspended" momentarily.

Give me just a moment. Hum amongst yourselves.......

la, la, la, la......

.....okay. I made six trips between home and hospital in the 39 1/2 hours. By trip four I was taking variant routes for variety's sake, I guess. :)

Went back last night and found out she got into surgery late, so, instead of seeing her at 9:30 or 10, it was 11:40. :(

Oh, well. I enriched my life by reading the newspaper and listening/watching to the sensational very psuedo-journalistic shows of "Headline Prime". Do you remember when "Headline News" was, well, "Headline News"?? Prime time meant Lynne Russell, all the news you need, every 30 minutes.

Now? We got to hear Nancy Grace interview like, eight different guests at once about the poor pregnant Marine story.....the part we got to hear about, though, was how, apparently, the Marine on the run had a BBQ on Christmas Day with his buddies and......I just realized I was repeating psuedo-journalism.

Sorry.

Then, bring on Britney shopping at Rite Aid in Hollywood at 1am and "Gasp!", she was seen by them picturetakers in the same aisle as pregnancy tests!!! Well, here come more "expert" guests to discuss this latest event.....when we could be exposing governmental fault or be getting an update on the devastation in Darfur, but never mind that inconsequential stuff.......

Anyway, I fully expected wifey to be "looped out" again, and was shocked to walk in and she's wide awake, talking to her "roomy" (they got along REALLY well!!), watching Letterman. Awesome! Sanity on television!!!

Hung out for about 25 minutes, then home.

When Robbie woke me up at 6:57am, and Rachel was still out, you don't know how close I came to telling them, "how about we tank school today"? It was good I didn't. It was good for them to be at school per normal, because instead of noon, wifey didn't get home and attacked by Harry J until 4pm. That's why I had trip six! I came home, got Rachel off the bus, and back we went. :) :)

You should see the wall next to mommy's recliner. Two big signs saying, "Welcome home Mommy; we love you" and cards and a placard, all made by Rachel! Her best friend at school even wanted to sign a card!

Another friend asked Rachel, "Does this mean your mom can't pee??"

Dad also got one, saying thanks for helping mom, in triple fold, no less. She needs to go ahead and apply at Hallmark for 2013 Christmas season. That is, if she's still not working at PetSmart or Petco.

So, we're all home tonight, the kids are in Robbie's room watching Smackdown!, and wifey had chicken and her 1/2 fat Edy's Ice Cream, just like any other night.

Ah, most any other night.

The moral of our story? Our family now has less gall. But I doubt we offend fewer people. :)

No comments: