Sunday, January 06, 2008

2007, one more time......with some insight!

From new blog find Blonde Ambition, one more look at 2007.....

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?

Walk away from a job because I was told to. Good ol' budget cuts!!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't do New Year's resolutions. At this point in my life, a good resolution is to be able to stay up New Year's Eve!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth or adopt?

Unbelievably, no.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My Grannie in North Carolina. Age 88. I could deal with living 88 years.

5. What countries did you visit?

Heh...I got out of Virginia for the first time in four years, let's take it a step at a time, ok?

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?

The resurgence of a career containing a job that matters, and a paycheck that is an increase over 2007....is that too much to ask? Ya think? :)

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

January 24th, I finally traveled out of Virginia (goodbye anxiety attacks!) February 26th, my daughter turned 10 (gasp!) and my dad turned 75.
April 29th, my son turned 15 (gulp!!!)
June 23rd, I turned 40. That's cool; I'm alive, right? :)
August 5th, the Moody Blues concert. Enough said! Whoo hoo!!!
November 5th, the day I got axed and lost daily contact with my best friends.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I went to North Carolina; enjoyed it so much I went four times!!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Gee, where do I start? Still depressed, I still look seven months pregnant, I did NOT handle losing my job well emotionaly (because of friends, NOT the job), need I go on?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

My shoulder, injured badly in 2004, is barking for the first time (arthritis, anyone?)


11. What was the best thing you bought?

A ticket to see the Moody Blues, of course!


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

MY WIFE!!! 71 pounds down in the first year of the LapBand era. She's INCREDIBLE.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Beside me? I'll keep this to myself.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills, tragically enough. (I stole this answer word for word from Blonde Ambition).


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Taking my daughter to see Rascal Flatts in concert for her 10th birthday and she had NO IDEA it was happening until we got to the venue.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

"I See Your Smile"---Gloria Estefan


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? About the same, but a little more optimistic!

b) thinner or fatter? Heh. Fatter. Or, as I put it, more pregnant-lookin'.

c) richer or poorer? Poorer....but it could be worse!!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Hanging with friends, but with social phobias, each attempt to do so lately is an adventure....

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Being in bed. Not sleeping, and sadly, not that other bed thing, either.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Quietly with the gleesome threesome. And my wife and kids! (The gleesome are the two cats and the dog.) Hee....

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?

Nah, that was a LONG time ago.

22. How many one-night stands?

I couldn't stand all night if my life depended on it. That was the question, right?

23. What was your favorite TV program?

"24", though season six was much weaker than seasons four and five.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Almost. But God's making sure the hate leaves me before the bitterness sets in.

25. What was the best book you read?

None. I read newspapers, some magazines, and lots on the Internet. Even my own blog.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

No one will believe this...."Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne. The CLEANEST version I can find, mind you. For you 80s music lovers like me, I refer to this song as "Mickey" on steroids. Toni Basil 2.0 kicks, well, you know......

27. What did you want and get?

Time with family, a dog, time with my best friend.

28. What did you want and not get?

....to sit at my cubicle longer than November 5th.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

None.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

40, whoo hoo!! I slept most of the day away.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More time with best friends. And FINALLY having a church home. (Reverse the order of those....)

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Shorts. What else??

33. What kept you sane?

Family, best friends, Mountain Dew, and the Moody Blues.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Are you kidding?? I'm sick of the celebrity-fixation of this country. But the lady with the short blonde hair on "Women's Murder Club" catches the eye....hee....

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Why have we already started the 2016 Presidential Election Campaign??

36. Who did you miss?

Mama, my Grannie and Granddaddy, my Grannie Witham (now that Rachel is crocheting, Grannie knitted with the BEST of them, they'd get along so well) and being with my work friends.

37. Who was the best new person you met?

My newest co-worker before my untimely demise....she's a Giants fan (football, that is), so she already rated high on the cool factor before she set up her cubicle!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:

Be prepared for anything! Get closer to God so the next time my knees are cut out from under me, it doesn't take long for me to have knee replacement surgery. And enjoy EVERY minute you spend with your friends. Never take any time for granted.

Oh, and always try to find six-packs of 24-ounce bottles of Mountain Dew for under three dollars if humanly possible.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"Nah, nah nah, nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey Jude."

No comments: