Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Michelle is right.......

IPods, mp3s, email, blogs, the 'Net, digital cable........


Hmmmmm.....for me who is now 40? It was......

....well, let me let Michelle at "Yeah, Whatever" spell out the facts.

If you're 40, and for instance, had to say goodbye to a boy/girlfriend when you left for college in, say 1985, and you couldn't call because long distance calls were expensive and it would take three days to get a letter......

....I've wondered a few times if we had had emails, IM, video cam on the Web, etc. back then whether I'd be married to wifey and would thousands of other guys and gals may have ended up weathering the "college" separation, or the "military" separation, which, in the 80s of course, compared to today, was a piece of cake for most personnel.

Guess we'll never know, eh? Not much time to wonder anyway, if you think about it. I got three new chain letters in snail mail today that I need to deal with......

....hee hee.....

If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to walk uphill, both ways. :)

1 comment:

ORANGEHOUSE said...

You are right! I am also 40 and had a distance relationship with someone during my college days in the 80's. If we had had the communication devices of today, I would probably have married her! I'm so glad it didn't work out!