Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Well, one more thing from July.....

I had heard on the news there was a hit-and-run early Sunday morning up near where I used to live.

What I didn't know until I was at our newspaper's web site was that the victim was a childhood friend; we went to elementary school together. His name was Clinton Terrell.
I still feel so young, I have a hard time dealing with those who pass that are my contemporaries, especially when I know them. He was only 39. God bless the family.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One other note: no time to start this tonight (it was imperative I get in the pool with the kids tonight. Honest!! I had only been in this year with him once, for about eight to ten minutes, before a storm whipped up), but it will soon.

First, I'm working hard to get another push for attendance at our high school reunion.

But then....I plan to speak much on the subject of Prosperity Theology, today's televangelism, and why the money is going to the wrong place.

The more I see, the madder I get. And I'm just a Christian with heathen tendencies; I wonder what God thinks.....

I'm glad He's got grace to go with that justice.

No comments: