Sunday, August 14, 2005

God Rocks!

You know, so many times, God could get aggravated, frustrated, could fume, etc....when He does something really cool for us and we attribute the event to "good luck" or something like that....

I understand some of you reading this may disagree with my belief and angle, and that's fine. I respect your right to do so. I just want to share an experience tonight that is small in the grand scheme of life, but took my wife and I aback, in a very, very good way.

A few days ago we found out my brother, sister-in-law and niece were going to be at Paramounts Kings Dominion, the amusement park just north of Richmond (about 25 minutes from my 1,200 square foot mansion) on a trip with her company.

They want to know if we could meet them and spend the day with them. We worked it all out, and tried to find tickets (wouldn't you??), but alas, could not cop any freebies.

They are available for a discounted rate where Bonnie works, so she was headed to work tomorrow to buy them, when, out of the blue, in yesterday's mail, is a card from her best friend Stephanie, who recently moved to Greensboro, NC to take a new job.

You know what was inside the card now, don't you?

Four tickets to Paramounts Kings Dominion.

So we save money that, honestly, we need to save, while Bonnie is blessed by her best friend, and my kids get to hang with their relatives they've wanted to see all summer.....

....and as for my brother and I? He doesn't ride rides. I rode some, until the shoulder damage. So, we'll hang out, find shady places, and shoot the breeze (while waiting for a cool breeze to come by) all day.

Nothin' wrong with that. Hey, maybe we'll get around the planning the 2006 POF Draft and both know what day it's on!!! (See two posts down for explanation.)

Thanks for riding my blog, please exit to your left, and thanks for keeping your hands, arms, and spleens inside the car. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, do I love when things like that happen. I like to think of it as synchronicity...I think there are all kinds of moments like that that we don't recognize unless we're really paying attention.

Thanks for visiting from Michele's...I am enjoying my return visit! (I started out watching football with my dad - the Redskins - when I was your daughter's age...it's something he and I have always shared!)

Anonymous said...

Ah, Kings Dominion....a childhood haunt.

Michele sent me.