Friday, January 21, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things......

....I can't stand that song.

Anyway, very random thoughts as I decompress from a very, very hectic week (but not nearly as hectic and stressful as it was for my three cubicle-mates at work.)

At some point I need to do the usual: as is found on other blogs, I answer my own questions and give you the obligatory lists of favorite this and that, what annoys me, why my lips are always chapped, etc. I don't see myself doing one huge post like that (although I've proven myself wrong on many an occasion), but I'll throw them out here and there, kinda like the Minute Rice thrown at the end of the first Britney Spears wedding....(joke courtesy of David Letterman, maybe originated by Johnny Carson...who knows!)

Speaking of which, boy do I miss Johnny! He was and is THE king of late night. I'm very glad to see Letterman pay tribute to him in using "Stump the Band" featuring a Paul Shaffer "Carnac" impression at the start. We cannot forget the comedic magic that was Johnny, Ed, Doc, and, don't forget Tommy Newsom! Letterman is really on a roll right now, the best I've seen him since the first few years of "Late Night".

Oh, and by the way, do YOU remember "The David Letterman Show", daytime on NBC in 1980? Didn't last long.....but I watched it!!

So:

Favorite Late Night Show: The Late Show with David Letterman
Favorite Late Night Host: Johnny Carson
Little Know Fact: I was in the Tonight Show audience in June 1983 for a taping. Johnny was there that night, and his guest was Robin Williams. Needless to say, it was hilarious (and funnier during the commercial breaks!)
Favorite Late Night Show Few Remember and Ended All Too Soon: NBC News Overnight--Lloyd Dobbins and Linda Ellerbee were a wonderful team, sitting by their typewriters, presenting the news in a way Keith Olbermann only wishes he could do.
What a show.

Well, third storm comin'? Ice? Snow? I'm thinkin' rain....really, I think the "storm" being talked about all week will turn out being a clunker.

We'll see......:)

And, as Linda would say, "...and so it goes."

No comments: