Sunday, January 02, 2005

January 2....lessons in NFL calculations....and other stuff....

Okay, so Minnesota loses, and gets in.....
...and Jacksonville wins and is left out.....
...while Green Bay and San Diego win games they didn't need to win.....
...the Patriots played most of their guys...
...and Peyton Manning made a cameo appearance.

Though I understand the "injury risk" theory, I contend it's much better to let your regulars play at least into the third quarter, then hand it over to the 2nd string, even if the game's outcome is in doubt. Reason? Continuity.

Therefore, kudos to the Patriots for looking at their 49er game as a time to prepare for the weeks ahead and not just "rest up", and to Pittsburgh, who did some of the same thing, though Ben and the Bus definitely needed time away due to nicks, etc.

Also, Brett Favre rocks. Enough said.

Playoffs? I'll think about it and get back to you; but I must say that St. Louis/Seattle Saturday afternoon showdown has "nap" written all over it.

AND OTHER STUFF...................

Church went pretty well today, and we've started traveling through Revelation. More info on the church blog here.

Had a visitation after church, then came home about 4pm to enjoy some football, a quick nap, and a victorious game of air hockey.

Gearing up now to return to work tomorrow....the kids are back at school.....and I'm gettin' ready to cheer on the Hokies in the Sugar Bowl!!!

My era/relationship in my hometown of Beaverdam officially came to a close 18 years ago today, beginning the "2nd phase" of life. I think that ended when Mama passed 12/28/02, so I'm in the 3rd phase now, which includes:

--medicine
--shorter hair (much easier to manage)
--a belly that now needs to be, uh, tightened!!
--and issues....but nothing too big for God. :)

Why do things happen? Can't answer it sometimes, but it'll all come out in the wash....even if you have to wait for the rinse cycle. My first day in heaven will be an incredible learning experience. :)

Looking for good things this year, and, as I'm a pretty transparent fellow (I don't hide true feelings well at all), you're invited to share it all here, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the stuff bought on clearance.

GO HOKIES!!!!

No comments: