Wednesday, January 19, 2005

PLEASE SEE SNOW POST BELOW...and now "24", two days late...

Please, check out the post below this on the snow "storm" (huh?) today....

Now, back to Monday night, and "24". My co-worker, Dave, put it right at the office Tuesday morning, Hour 5 (11am to 12noon) was a "bridge episode", taking you out of one realm and into the fixings (southern term) of another.

Jack gets out of the policemen's snare and moves on.

Heller and daughter get ingenious in trying to spoil the Internet party.

Chloe, oh my, I'm beginning to root for Chloe!!! Anyway, she gets canned, but I doubt you've seen the last of her.

The young actress playing Driscoll's daughter, is VERY good, very convincing in that role.

The extremist (I'll refrain from which kind here, not wanting to be seen as bigoted against anyone) decides to "martyr" himself rather than bring the good guys to the place of shame where the proud, "hooded" men will put Heller on "trial". Notice he didn't go over the side or a cliff (which I thought was coming); he took an innocent man with him. Was there subtle meaning to that decision???

Then there's the Araz family; the mother is really, really get creepy. Her head should spin 360 degrees in an upcoming episode. The father is too calm, while the son is going to somehow "out" them before all is said and done, but, sadly, he may not survive the day either.

Then, in closing, is Jack. There he is, trying to save the world again, and rescue his damsel (bless his heart his luck with women sucks); then, after finally kinda getting on the same page with Driscoll, she has to inform him of the President's decision to fire a missile at the site, taking out everyone (including Heller and his daughter) to save the US the humiliation of the Internet beheading of a Cabinet member, by, of course, "brave" hooded men.

You know he ain't "getting outta there". And if you caught the scenes from next week, he tells her, "I'll come back to get you, I promise". So, Heller may escape next week, but his daughter won't.

So, next Monday should be awesome, with Jack the loner going on for the kill, while the whole world watches the trial become a shootout, I'm sure.

What about Debbie's mom? Will she return? And, I think (Bonnie disagrees) that Aisha Tyler's character is actually a plant inside CTU, but we'll see.

So, that's my "24" in a nutshell, two days late, and I'm stickin' to it.

NOTES:

--Bless the hearts of my three ladies: Kim, Dionne and Gina, once again single-handedly saving Clear Channel with late nights creating all new logs, which I'm sure will be changed again soon. They should qualify for sainthood or something....I left them all there last night and tonight working (and felt bad, too).

--Happy birthday shout out to one of my longest-time friends (is that a correct English term?), Barbara, who turned, well, she turned another number today (if I printed it and she ever saw that I did, I might be in big trouble!)

--20 years ago today, 1/19/85, do you remember where you were? I do; it was a Super Bowl Sunday (Super Bowl XIX), where Dan Marino got his first (and only) shot at the Vince Lombardi Trophy, only to be trounced by Joe Montana and the Niners, in the first Super Bowl telecast by ABC. At the same time, we got LOTS more than 1 inch of snow; more like 10 inches, and temperatures that night fell below zero. We're two hours south of Richmond, so these were the same conditions that caused Ronald Reagan to be sworn in as President for his second term inside the next day.

Speaking of which; in a day where we have troops everywhere and over 200,000 Tsunami victims, I hope I don't come across as a Howard Dean liberal, but, if I were George W. Bush, I would have severely curtailed the Inauguration bashes. 40 million dollars? They could do something very nice for about 5 mil....

Heck, Rodney at work said it best; fire up the barbeque on the White House lawn, have family and friends from Texas up, and also let a bus-full of tourists stop by on their "lucky day" and they can all eat burgers, dogs, and the fixins'.

Makes sense to me, and he could wear comfortable jeans, too. I would go for the sweatsuit personally; what better way to show the world our country is in great shape and in control than to have your President sworn in wearing a grey sweatsuit!

Nurse! Nurse! It's time for my medication!!

No comments: