Wednesday, January 19, 2005

JUST IN: Snowflakes make some people stupid!

Those of you surfing the web in, say, Manitoba, Michigan, or Maine, please get ready to roll on the floor in extreme laughter....

So, we have a "chance for a few snow flakes" today. I come home around 10:45 needing to rest a bit (bad night of sleeping), and I saw five or ten flakes (not people, snowflakes!) driving home.

An hour later, Bonnie informs me the ground is covered. Let the madness begin.

Yes, in the end, Richmond received the big ONE INCH of snow....and people proceeded to begin banging into each other at record pace.

Yes, I will tell you, it was just enough snow, and the slick kind, too, that you had to be careful driving (i.e.--SLOW DOWN!!!!). Along my trip back to work, a Honda CRX in the ditch, nearly on its side, on Old Staples Mill Road, and a stalled vehicle at the light at Old Staples Mill and Staples Mill (which should now be called "kinda aged Staples Mill Road".....). Of course, this doesn't stop, say, the big truck driver to zoom pass me on Staples Mill....but anyway....

So I dial up the traffic cams from VDOT, and see a truck accident on I-95 at Atlee, and I-95 at 295 was a parking lot.

Then, I'm reading the traffic accident log at richmondgov.com , and some of the entries are hilarious...and some scary.

---3 Cars; people are arguing at scene.....
---Female Stuck in Snow....in grey BMW (whew! I thought another blonde joke was coming)
---Hydrant brakes, water flowing everywhere, street caving in....(not funny!)

and my favorite in the hilarious category:

Simply put, the entry said: "Vehicle versus Fire Hydrant".

Guess who won?

So, the bottom line is this:

1) In an inch of surprise snow, SLOW DOWN!

2) If you're in a big truck or 18 wheeler, REALLY SLOW DOWN!!

3) If you drive a four-wheeler and think you're accident-proof, GET A CLUE!!

I also realize that many people today were honestly in accidents because of treacherous conditions and because of other people adding them to their accident. I'm not referring to them.

I think we all know who I'm referring to....

Now, those of you in Manitoba, Minnesota, Michigan, and Maine (but not Miami), can pick yourself up off the floor now, but get the belly laughs ready....we might get a "snow shower" here tomorrow.

RUN!! BUY MILK AND BREAD!! RANSACK UKROPS!! IT'S OVER!!!!

Yeah, right.

Oh, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE (and I truly mean that!) :)

1 comment:

PMoose said...

hey thanks for surfing in! love this post and like your blog in general. I'll be back to read more.
and, GO EAGLES!!!! :)