Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Yes, I still listen to her....

From WorldNetDaily.com:

Linda Ronstadt: I don't like singing for Christians
Singer admits having believers in audience 'can cloud my enjoyment'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 20, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern



© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Singer Linda Ronstadt appears to have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy toward Republicans and Christians who might be in her audiences – she'd rather not know they are there.

In a recent interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune, the entertainer said:


Linda Ronstadt (photo: Las Vegas Review-Journal)

"This is an election year, and I think we're in desperate trouble and it's time for people to speak up and not pipe down. It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I'd rather not know."

Ronstadt says she routinely dedicates a song in her concerts to leftist filmmaker Michael Moore, director of the anti-Bush movie "Fahrenheit 9/11." As WorldNetDaily reported, hundreds of fans at an Aladdin Hotel Las Vegas show over the weekend stormed out after she made a tribute to Moore. The incident, in which she also made disparaging remarks about the hotel and Las Vegas, caused her to be banned from the facility.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So, if I burn her CD's and renounce her songs (lots of good ones), my behavior isn't any better than hers. I'd rather love her anyway, like Christ would do. Gee, if Jesus really did show up at a concert, wonder how much of a distraction that would be?

Rob

No comments: