Monday, August 16, 2004

The Olympics woke me up this morning...

...and I wouldn't give them a medal either. My phone rings at 609am. It's the traffic reporter at the radio station, and she's missing the new Olympic-themed commercial copy for a local supermarket. It was only sent to seven different email addresses, and no one at work had it. But I KNOW I'd seen it w/my own eyes!

Turns out I did get the copy on my home email....had I used my brain, I'd printed it out and taken it w/me. NOT a good way to start a Monday...:(

Today got progressively better at work, though I must have yawned 59 times (is that like crying 96 Tears?). The kids were WILD this evening (they really need to be back in school) and they're now in beddy-bye. They've got a date w/the dentist tomorrow. I'm praying Rachel will finally overcome her fear of taking an x-ray.

For my wife, the question is a broken record.....When are you going to get a chest x-ray??? The cough continues, and it ain't lettin' go.

Oh, and welcome to day 64 of the shoulder sling. I can't wait for next Tuesday's x-ray. Hopefully the sling will be past-tense, though the worst (therapy) is yet to come....ugh.

So, it's the 3rd consecutive summer I've been "sick/crazy/nuts/injured". No wonder I love winter so much!! 2002: The Flu; 2003: Depression/Can't leave home syndrome"; 2004: busted shoulder, end of athletic career. I'm hoping 2005 isn't the year of Ricketts or Scurvy or somethin'.....

Watched some Packers/Seahawks football (GREAT to hear Pat Summerall back on the air) and now it's wrestling. They gave Orton the world title too quickly, but, they didn't ask my opinion now did they??

I've browsed dozens of "blogs" this past week and am rather jealous. I don't know how to post links or put on pictures (I am computer savvy enough to do my job at work and some stuff here and that's it) but as time goes on, I'm gonna learn I've already found several interesting blogs I want to provide links to as well.

First up, posting a picture of the cutest three of our family on their Virginia Beach getaway with family in June (Dad had to stay home and bring home the bacon). I'd like to show them off, and at the same time, conceal my identity (hee hee...). Actually, I've never seen a pic of me on the 'Net; found my name in several places though (surely you've Googled your own name, haven't you??)

Today's final notes:

Music: Abacab by Genesis and Linda Ronstadt's Greatest Hits Volume Two(even though she doesn't like to know if my type is in her audience...)

Mood: Tired, but better than at 609am today!

Tomorrow's headline: Rachel Takes First Dental X-Ray; Gold Discovered.....

Good day!

No comments: