Monday, August 23, 2004

Just a Monday Blog Entry...

Sshhhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone, but I'm typing with two hands, the night before my doctor's appointment. Hey, my wife was the one to get rid of the sling, so at least I have someone to blame it on at the appointment tomorrow....:)

130pm Eastern tomorrow---been waiting 71 days for the biggest step back to normalcy. If the x-ray looks good, the sling is gone, and the celebration will begin----by returning to work and getting my job done like I do every day.....:)

Since there is no thriving "topic of the day", let me tell ya about Scruffy, since I've only promoed him in two posts.

Scruffy is one of the 344 stuffed animals owned by my daughter. Scruffy is one of the newer additions to her animal kingdom. Scruffy also has a great name for kidding around.

Dad, for some reason, knows the name of her other animals, but cannot seem to get "Scruffy" right to save his life...

Scrappy....Scrobby....Skimmy.....Skrewy.....you get the idea. Dad looks at Rachel and says, "How's (insert wrong name here) doing?"
She answers with incredulity, "SCRUFFY"! I also reply with, "Oh, yeah...Scruffy, how's he doing?"

Pickin' on a 7 year old. I oughta be ashamed. But hey, I do share my Minute Maid Juice Bars with her....:)

Three weeks from tonight: MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!! WOO HOO!!!

Music I'm listening to: Cademon's Call (self-titled CD, 1997), featuring Stupid Kid, Bus Driver and the remake of Rich Mullins' Hope To Carry On. Great stuff.

Tomorrow's Headline: Two-alarm fire in Glen Allen, Caused by Multiple Sling Burning....

Rob

No comments: