Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy.....Spring Break?

I'm sorry, did someone say Break?

The kids only had a "half-day" at school, and with our usual driver out of town on an emergency, there was no one to pick up/watch the kids. So, Dad leaves work, gets Rachel, stops at McDonalds, goes back to work; about an hour later, Rachel and Dad leave, pick up Robbie, give him his food, take him home, Rachel and I return to work again.

Head spinning yet? Thank goodness I didn't have as much commercial copy to hunt down today than I normally have on a Friday, so it all worked out.

So, Robbie and Rachel are off until 4/16, my best buddy at work is gone all next week, and, to beat all, they say it's snowing here overnight. Yeah, spring break alright!

We head back to North Carolina (I'm catching up from all the trips I missed from '03 to '06!) tomorrow afternoon. Grannie is not doing well, and she has asked to see me. Now that is an honor, so I won't let her down. We'll visit tomorrow evening, then head to New Bern for the night, and Easter Sunday Service at my brother's church. That'll be cool.

And, I can't wait to sing the great Easter hymns like, "Christ Arose" and "Christ The Lord Is Risen Today"....oh, that's right. I can't wait to mouth them. I can make myself look like I'm belting out a major league tune, and continue in silence.

Tonight, the past few hours, have been the most difficult time so far in this odyssey keeping myself from talking. Normally. So, I'm getting somewhat frustrated with myself. Being as exhausted as I am right now, I suspect that something to do with it.

So, trip to NC and cannot talk. I WILL, though, talk to my Grannie! :)

Back home Sunday night. Then I hear it's Dad, work your butt off Monday thru Thursday, so we can leave Thursday evening for my first trip to Virginia Beach since the earth-shaking weekend of May 2 and 3, 2004. The family's next trip to Va Beach was the next month, without me, as I am home, working, with a severely separated shoulder.

So, I'm looking forward to the trip; it's really the first "relax trip" I will have taken in, well, three years, and that one was "one night only".

And a shout out to a friend at work who hooked us up with a new place (to us) to stay at the oceanfront. Whoo hoo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, Ace Young was at the radio station the past two mornings. I think I walked right past him coming in to work Thursday morning. I didn't know who he was (remember, American Idol is banned from our home). Find out he's back today and a friend apparently brushed against him, came back in the office and said she wasn't washing her left arm again.

Someone does the accidental brush on me, and they return to their cubicles and say, "SAFEGUARD! DIAL! PURELL! ANYTHING! No one took a picture did they? I'd be SCARRED FOR LIFE!"

So, I learned this week that long hair, a six o'clock shadow, jeans, and no jelly belly apparently equals ladies wanting to brush you or take pictures with you.

Having none of those items/qualities, I can only conclude by saying....

"Fat lot I know!!"

(Editor's rebuttal: I have lost five pounds in the past two weeks, eating more salads and definitely less fast food. I'm going for "24 pounds", boy is that ironic! 24 pounds would return me to the 200 level. Then we'll go from there.)

5'10", 180 pounds, and most of the belly gone. That would be great...healthy, more energy, improved sleep.....and still no "hey, he's handsome!" pronouncements. :)

It's gotta be mid-life crisis symptom #17. For years I could have cared less what people thought about my looks. Maybe this will go away, just quietly go away.

Maybe the gut will, too!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, this wasn't meant to be a "lose weight, got a gut, woe for me that no woman notices me" post....that just kinda came up.

Our TOP STORY: Spring Break is here. Lots going on the next nine days, and, of course, we'll keep you posted.

And if you haven't been here either in a few days, or ever, please scroll down to the picture in the last post.

I wanna be her geek!! I love you, Chloe!!!! :)

1 comment:

kenju said...

Guess who's having Smithfield Barbecure for lunch today??

You could too, if you are on your way to NC. Have a safe trip and a Happy Easter.

Re Ace: this only woman would surely like to brush against him once or twice!!