Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Post No. #550-----

Feels like I'm moving up the all-time home run list.....without steroids.

As a kid, buying the Street and Smith's Baseball Yearbook before they cried, "Play Ball!" was one of the rites of spring. And I especially studied the pages that gave the updated all-time leaders in all categories (some of you may not remember when Babe Ruth was the king at 714!)

Quick aside---April 8, 1974, Hank Aaron can break Ruth's record at home against the Dodgers. The game is on NBC's Monday Night Baseball. Storm moves through Beaverdam, and, yep, we lose power. Later, Dad comes in the room to inform bro and I that Aaron hit number 715 (he heard it on battery-operated radio). Hmmm....never did ask him why he didn't just yell for us to come into his room to join him and listen...

Anyway, I'm up to 550 posts on this ol' blog. Most things in life that I've attempted....

---Staying up 24 hours straight
---Staying up to watch all 21 1/2 hours of the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon
---Staying up 24 hours straight playing records the whole time

....what's my fixation on 24? Hee hee......

I'm just glad that, for once in my life, I stuck to a personal project, and that's cool. I know it doesn't warm any other hearts, and probably won't inspire anyone to do anything, but, I'm happy.

Now, to go write that novel....or series of children's books I've always wanted to write......

....like my blogger friend in Philly. :)


P.S.----Ms. Clinton preaches the politics of division here. I thought she decried that....hmmm......

P.P.S.----Follow up to last post....here's Hillary does Gomer Pyle (and I mean an impression!)

No comments: