Saturday, March 10, 2007

Go NC State Wolfpack!!

It's been a good weekend for Sidney Lowe, his red jacket, and his NC State Wolfpack.

I was excited when State hired Sidney as basketball coach, because the program finally restored connection to its glory years of Jim Valvano, esp. the 1983 Cardiac Pack National Champions (Lowe was our point guard).

So, I got to see NC State put away Duke Thursday in overtime, and Virginia last night (it's always sweet to see UVA lose!!), and I wake up this evening to find out they defeated Virginia Tech for the 3rd time this season. State is in the ACC Tournament final!!

Here's hoping that this great run ends like the 1983 ACC Final, when State had to win to make the NCAA Tournament; they beat UVA and Ralph Sampson by three, opening the door for them to make the most improbable run to the NCAA Championship ever (sorry, Villanova).

As opposed to 1997, 2002 and 2003, when surprising Pack runs ended on Sunday afternoon, losing to UNC, Duke, and Duke again, in that order.

Go get 'em Sidney! Now, where can I go buy myself a red jacket??

2 comments:

kenju said...

I'm proud of NCSU tonight and happy they chose to hire Lowe. However, my allegiance is with UNC, so tomorrow..........

May the best team win!

kenju said...

And we did, but I have to hand it to State and Lowe! They played a heck of a good game. I think that the "cardiac pack" is making a comeback.