Monday, March 19, 2007

I know I couldn't talk, but I didn't mean not to post.....

:)

Welcome to day nine of laryngitis. This has been a strange "cold aka whatever". Nasal congestion, sure. Followed by chest congestion...check. Cough develops. Hardly any cough! And, while taking my cough medicine (an expectorant), almost all the coughs are productive.

Yet, the voice shows a little improvement only. Usually in about a week I'm back in action. Wonder who has the Rob doll and they keep sticking needles in the neck? :)

Anyway.....a few notes over these past few days:

--Three of my Final Four remain alive (Oregon, Texas A&M, and Georgetown, my pick to win it all).
--God bless VCU. What a gutsy performance to beat Duke, and I really wished I saw the Pitt game, especially the big comeback.
--Down side of VCU's national exposure---Anthony Grant won't be their coach very long.
--I was surprised (probably with alot of other fans) at how few upsets there have been. Good news about that--we'll see some MONSTER matchups Thursday and Friday in the Sweet Sixteen.

----------------------------------------------------

Remind me to rail about Nutri-System and their discriminatory advertising.

----------------------------------------------------

Remind me to rail about Comcast, GSN, and a great editorial I saw in the local paper Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------

And, finally, remind me to be thoroughly embarrassed to be an ACC fan right now. How pitiful was this weekend, eh??


P.S.--excellent episode of "24" again this week---they left Maria in "holding" (pardon the pun), the war happy Veep is causing drastic measures himself, and by others, and we learn that, among other things, Jack can fly a drone.

We also learned Audrey Raines is dead. And maybe the plot of "24" the Movie. Jack's revenge in China. Wouldn't surprise me.

No comments: