Monday, February 26, 2007

HELP WANTED: Investors (Well.....there IS a Smithfield, Virginia, too.)

Even though NOBODY in the Commonwealth has a clue about fixin' BBQ.....

I need a couple of people with some $$$ to invest, and they'd rather get better return on their money than, say, 2.67% or something....

It's REAL simple. We need to open Virginia's first Smithfield Chicken & BBQ location.

There aren't many choices for BBQ in the Richmond area, in my opinion. The leader of the pack is Bill's Barbeque. When you ask most people, "What's the first word that comes to your mind when you hear BBQ?" in Richmond, Bill's will be the one.

But, well, in a word.....Bill's BBQ is soggy. There's no real "texture". Do I expect my sandwich bun like "toasted"? Heck, no. But I do expect it to still have shape and flavor, rather than it be taken over by soggy BBQ.

Kudos to Bill's on one thing, though.....they have limeade. We'd have to do something about that on our menu.

Smithfield could come into Richmond and meteorically rise to popularity. Spacious eat-in facilities, employees who bring you your food and come refill your sweet iced tea (oh, and no one in Virginia makes sweet tea like Smithfield, either!). Very clean, family-friendly, fairly-priced (in other words, scratch Arby's from your choices; they're simply too pricey now.)

Start with one location....I have ideas as to location (which I won't divulge here), and watch the revolution begin.

SMITHFIELD CHICKEN & BBQ.....I BEG OF YOU....PLEASE COME TO RICHMOND!!!!!!

P.S.---I didn't even start to talk about their chicken. That's another page and a half. And the fries? Shoestrings that no one can touch (sorry, McDonalds), and the finisher----HUSH PUPPIES---the BEST in the world. I ate 'em cold driving home last night. I ate 'em cold at 6am Sunday morning when I woke up to go to men's room.

You'll eat 'em 24/7, too.

Now, back to the investor search.....:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhmmm, be careful about your cracks on Arbys bud....They are tops with me you know....

WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY

kenju said...

See, what I think is that Bill's needs to open a satellite store here in Raleigh to sell nothing but Limeade! Mr. kenju and I cannot go through the city of Richmond without making a beeline for Bill's on Broad, mainly for the lemonade and limeade. I always order the largest limeade they have and then a 2nd to go. The 'cue is soggy, but it is better than no 'cue at all....LOL