Sunday, February 25, 2007

Birthdays, church, NASCAR, Hams, and rain.....

In a nutshell, there's our Sunday in New Bern, NC, as we count down until the time we must depart to get the family home for their Monday of school and job (and my day of sleep!!! And I think I'll work on this blog, too.)

It was good to be in church today!!! We were at Uncle Frank's church, where he has been filling in as "interim minister" during their ministerial search. He did a fantastic job as he threw down the gauntlet of confession to God from Daniel in Daniel 9. Good stuff!

Then, an overflow Golden Corral lost our business (just no room!) and we went to Ham's. First time at a Ham's, and I enjoyed very much. Good food, good service, and Mountain Dew. That's all I need. Pictures and pictures of the family to celebrate Papa's 75th and Rachel's 10th birthdays. I especially enjoyed taking photos of Rachel eating just as the fork hit the mouth. :)

Now, lots of rain falling (but no storms!!!) as we prepare to go. An all-too-quick but very enjoyable visit to Witham Nation South.

Now I can listen again to an awesome radio station going home (100.7 The River) out of Raleigh (a Clear Channel station!).....why can't we have a station this good back home???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did not even mention Smithfield's.....I am SOOOO devastated!!!!!! Not even Hams matches up to that.....


Thanks for coming down (ALL TOO BRIEF) and a big thanks for being in church with us Sunday. That made the occasion even better!!!

kenju said...

100.7 used to be an oldies station. I knew it had changed over, but I didn't know to what. I'll give it a listen.

It sounds to me like you really need to move to NC!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to tell him that for years!!!!!!!