Friday, February 02, 2007

And thus ends another work week....various, random thoughts.....

....before I go crash and burn in the bed (hopefully not all day tomorrow!!)

--The groundhog didn't see his shadow. Early spring, eh? Means Virginia will have experienced about a four-week winter (and that's being generous) if the varmit is right. Why do we get so excited over a groundhog? How did groundhogs get a day for themselves on the calendar??

How about Pickle Day? Hamburger Day? Necktie Day? Coffee Day? Oh, I've got one! Mountain Dew Day!!!!

--Bill Murray was priceless again on Letterman last night. Dave's first ever late night guest on both his NBC and CBS shows, appeared to help Dave celebrate 25 years in late night (Late Night with David Letterman premiered on NBC on February 1, 1982). Murray snakes through Dave to get to Les Moonves, the king of CBS, to snatch some tickets for Sunday's game. Murray is a big Bears fan.

--I'm so frustrated about time lately. Start work early, leave late, come home, go to bed not long afterwards.....that's life right now. Yet, I'm afraid there are friends that think I'm avoiding them or have chosen to forget about them because I'm having trouble finding 15 minutes to compose an email. When it comes to emailing someone, if we don't do it like, on a daily or weekly basis, I like to take some time to put it together. This weekend, my number one goal is to get at least two of these projects finally in my rear view mirror. In my current "life circle" (work, home, work, home, work...you get the idea) there are not alot of true "friends". I need to keep the ones I have!!

--Mary Cheney, the vice-president's daughter, who happens to be a lesbian, is having a baby. Let's see, we can:

A) criticize her decision and begin a moral attack with holier-than-thou platitudes...
B) realize the baby is created in God's image, God loves him/her and has a plan for that baby. Rejoice in the birth! Whether you agree with the lifestyle or not, celebrate the continuation of life.

Because by celebrating life, rather than trying to "scare people to death", we'll find more people truly interested in a relationship with Jesus.....

God is a God of wrath....and a God of love. And I don't think it's coincidental that the first song many of us learned was....

"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so...."

As opposed to a declaration of the wrath of God.

Everyone yearns for love. Let's love them as Christ would and let the Holy Spirit open their hearts to the love only He can give.

PS------GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

kenju said...

AMEN!