Saturday, February 24, 2007

All Things Witham---On The Road For The First Time EVER!!!

Welcome to my first blog post outside of Virginia!!

We're live tonight in New Bern, North Carolina, as we traveled here earlier this evening to celebrate two milestone birthdays!

On Monday, our wonderful daughter, Rachel, turns the big 10!! I'm still trying to figure out where in the world those ten years disappeared to!!!!

Then, the person she shares that birthday with, her Papa (my Dad), turns the big 75! So, at the risk of letting a big day go by, we came down to celebrate both birthdays tomorrow, since we have to be back home at this time tomorrow night so the kids can get to school Monday.

I, on the other hand, had at least some foresight and am taking Monday off to snooze. :)

There is a chance of some storms tomorrow PM, so I'm hoping they will either not develop or we can dodge the bullet.

---------------------------------------------------------

Quick, few, end-of-week musings:

1) Lots and lots on my mind right now, about things happening, things that may happen, things that may not. I'm very happy that, in spite of all that rambling through my mind at warp speed, I still made the trip here to NC. But, let it be said, next week could turn out to be extremely pivotal. Plus, my jury duty "on-call period" will be done soon, and that will make me happy, no matter what other emotions come my way.

2) NC State.....will they ever be able to recruit with UNC and Duke at their side door? They used to......hopefully Sidney Lowe can, because Lord knows we need some players. The poor guys there now, when you run only seven players, you run out of steam. I don't look forward to seeing their "March legs". They'll probably be tired. I hope at least an NIT bid, so the guys, and the coach, can play some March tournament basketball. All experience is a positive right now.

3) The Taco Bell gutted by fire next to work last Thanksgiving has been open a few weeks now. No word as to whether they plan to add rats as their latest attraction, a la NYC.

Good night from North Carolina!! Happy birthday Papa and Rachel! February 26, 1932 and February 26, 1997. :)

1 comment:

kenju said...

Welcome to the promised land (NC) and have a safe trip back home. In Arlington, there is ice and at least 3" of snow. Hope you don't run into that!