Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Song #143: "Lonesome Loser"--The Little River Band (1979)

We've gotten to the point in the Rob Witham 500 where you will, on more and more occasions, here me say, "it's my favorite song from (insert artist name here)".

That category returns today as we salute my top song from The Little River Band, a group with a string of hits in the 1970's and early 1980's.  Two of them made this journey, both from their 1979 album, "First Under The Wire".

Great vocals, and an excellent transition from the bridge to the final chorus, this was definitely a crank it up sing-along song from early in my seventh grade year in the late summer and fall of 1979.

Which reminds me of my Baltimore Orioles blowing a 3-1 World Series lead that October to those dreaded Pittsburgh Pirates and.....well.....but we weren't lonesome losers, we were at least American League Champions!  :)


No comments: