Friday, February 24, 2017

Song #120: "The Look"--Roxette (1989)

It's early 1989, and I'm really digging into material at my job at WDYL Radio, about to dive head first into an additional job, that of Music Director. I had already shifted my focus to Contemporary Christian Music with the job, meaning listening to the Q94's and B103.7's, well, my "Time Spent Listening" to them literally disappeared.

But, one Sunday afternoon, heading to Colonial Heights for a baseball card show as that hobby began its late 1980s explosion (Remember Tuff Stuff?), I heard today's song at the end of American Top 40 with Casey Kasem, and immediately got hooked.

Roxette's contribution to our countdown has "late 1980's" written all over it. Super beat, mesmerizing vocals, overall, just a super jam.

Flip the clock back to 28 years ago in March, as Roxette topped the charts....


No comments: