Monday, February 27, 2017

Song #117: "Lies"--Thompson Twins (1983)

My first taste of the group Thompson Twins came during the crazy first few months of 1983 when today's song first hit American radio.

What would follow was a string of hits from another Top 500 entry in "Love On Your Side" to "Lay Your Hands On Me" and "Hold Me Now".

For my money, my first taste was the best taste, as "Lies" is my favorite song from the band, and a quirky song with a sound that reminds me of the frenetic pace of my life back in early 1983, finally finding a footing after two awkward years of junior high school, finding a passion in theatre, getting an incredible role as my first in a musical while surprising myself and everyone else in forensics competitions, all while watching my beloved N.C. State Wolfpack make the miracle run to the National Championship.

Happily, none of those events were lies.  :)


No comments: