Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Song #416: "It's All Been Done"--Barenaked Ladies (1998)

Going back to the latter years of my newspaper route, I would occasionally flip over to, then, B103.7 and catch some of Bender and Jackie's morning show, usually at the tail end of the route, on my way home to prep for a day of taking care of the kids, working on church things, and the like.

In early 1999, this single was released, and, as opposed to the group's first single from their CD of the time, "One Week", which summarily drove me up the closest wall, this tune immediately caught my attention. Anybody who can weave being a contestant on The Price Is Right in the year 2981 deserves a shot.

And, in the end, they make their lone countdown appearance with one of the rare 1990's tunes to make the list.


No comments: