Saturday, May 07, 2016

Song #413: "You Don't Want Me Anymore"--Steel Breeze (1982)

At the tail end of a memorable summer of music in 1982, and just as I began my three-year stint at Patrick Henry High School, excited, yet scared out of my wits, on comes Steel Breeze on the radio with their one and only hit.

The start of the song immediately grabs your attention, and, like yesterday's entry, it's fun to sing in the car. Alone. Which I couldn't do yet because I was only 15. So it was more like sing it loud in the early morning at home before school since I was the last to leave, by about two hours. The advantage of living in a brick house in the country is that you could blast a stereo, and only the birds in the two small trees in our yard could hear the music. :)

This countdown is reminding me of some of the great summers of music we got to enjoy growing up, for those of you with me in the age department, including 1979, 1981, and this year, 1982.


No comments: