Tuesday, December 18, 2007

School Christmas Parties (1997-2007)

Well......

.....today was my last "Elementary School Christmas Party". Hey, I could care less what the PC name is at school ("Winter Party", bah humbug!), it's Christmas for me!

Ten years ago, a ten-month old Rachel went, in her stroller, to Robbie's first-ever Christmas party, in his Kindergarten class (Go Miss McGrew!!!).

FAST forward (emphasis on FAST!!) to today; when that same Rachel, now amongst the tallest in her fifth grade class, enjoyed HER FINAL party.

The cool connection between the two? I got to be at both of them. :)

We had the best time today! Lots and lots of food, a cool craft, some cool games (including one that actually had me having to draw a picture! Yikes!!)

Like "Pictionary", or "Win, Lose, or Draw", I draw, kids try to guess for points. The funniest part was when I hadn't even put marker to whiteboard and two kids guessed what the picture was. I noted the smudge on the board, which was all that was there!

Anyway, I drew.....




...and no one got it until after I drew the rectangle, wrote Rachel's name, then did the "backward J". Then the screaming commenced. The parent-in-charge declared it a tie. Our ear doctors rejoiced at our future appointments being moved up six months due to the damage received.

Then, it was clean up and stack up chairs, and call by call, the kids began to leave. Lots of hugs and pictures...while I'm standing on a stack of chairs or a desk trying to take snowflakes down from the ceiling.....

Trust me, I needed the exercise, but my back was a' killin' me when all was said and done! But it was A GOOD TIRED. I gave Rachel's teacher a "virtual hug", since I was all sweaty and got a GREAT picture of Mrs. Clark and Rachel as we left. Oh, and to be known here in the blogosphere for all time, Mrs. Clark loved her Starbucks basket from Rachel. :)

I remember thinking back in 1997, "WOW; we'll have at least one kid in elementary school all the way through 2008!!".

Guess what? When it comes to the annual class Christmas party....time's up. :( :(

No comments: