Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Week In Review......

.....in random thoughts thrown out in no certain order...just how they pop into the mind.

First, it's been awhile since I gave a shout-out to the first blogger I go and read every day. Click here for some fantastic blogging (some language, but I'm big enough to ignore it...).

...watching "24" last Monday night seems like it was six weeks ago.

...we played short-handed at work all this week; hopefully this won't catch up to those of us that were there in fatigue.

...I've got to stop the "madness" of life long enough to focus on MARCH MADNESS, as today "unofficially" started the whole mess (just ask Illinois, Kentucky and Kansas, and, see why UNC is breathing a HUGE sigh of relief)

...NCState with a chance to solidfy an NCAA berth, going for the win, and.....an airball. Kind of a window on the season; lots of promise, falling short. Welcome to the NIT, let the Sendek Watch begin.

...It's unbelievable how tired you can get after officiating a church service. To those of you who say "he only works an hour a week, ha ha", I would be more than happy to give you the keys to the car one Sunday and let you drive it. No wonder I'm stumbling to the bed as soon as we get home.

...Robbie is officially a Christian rap fan (old school rap, mind you, you know, like DC Talk circa 1994). Rachel is coming around, but is quite cautious. She will "raise the roof" with Robbie and Dad.

...Rachel's highlight of the week: Her toe. Going upstairs in school with it broken.

...Robbie's highlight of the week: His hair. He's spraying it blue daily. Apparently someone of the female persuasion is enamored with it, which immediately begs the question, would I want that girl in my family one day?? (Just kidding, I will be as open minded as I can as I meet Robbie's bevy of beauties).

Bevy of beauties, I say? Yes---we've believed all along that he is exceptionally handsome (musta been from mom's genes, could NOT have been me), so we expect to see a line of females over the next several years. I've already warned the entire family he should NOT seek dating advice from Dad, being that there was never a line waiting for him in his "courting" days; I would not know how to handle multiples, choices, you know, things that never occurred with me.

Rachel, on the other hand, will probably order a guy to date her and kick him in the shin until he does. I plan on sitting on the front porch alot of nights with her; she's already a pistol. Readily admits having a crush on Robbie's best friend, you know the 7th grader (and she's in 2nd!!!).

Egads, where are the Tums???

As for me? Well, I think we released a few patients from the "unresolved problems" ward, and there are more to go, one in particular. Maybe I'll sign up for the seven-year payment plan on that one, who knows.....

In closing:

--Dan Rather leaves the desk Wednesday; I actually feel a little sorry for him. Yes, I know he did himself in, but, he has done some exceptional reporting over the past 40 years, so we should look at the entire body. Biased? You bet. Good reporter. Yep.

--Who the heck replaces him and how long can CBS afford to take in making that decision? Bob Schieffer can only be the "interim" for so long until CBS starts watching what audience they do have sampling ABC and NBC.

--CAA Tournament final at the Coliseum tomorrow night; an old Sun Belt classic: VCU and ODU. Go RAMS!!!!

--One of the best weeks of the year begins tomorrow; all the conference tourneys (with some already done or in progress), especially the king of 'em all, the ACC, and, of course, Selection Sunday. I'll be taping the Selection Show since I'll be at church at our final Passion of the Christ Bible Study.

Wanna press me for a Final Four right now? If you made me:

North Carolina
Wake Forest
Illinois
Syracuse

(Right on the cusp, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Duke, Connecticut)

They won't make the Sweet 16:

Kentucky
Gonzaga
Arizona
Florida
Georgia Tech
Michigan State

And, if ODU can take care of VCU in the CAA final, they will be a nasty first round opponent for someone, most likely a 4-13 or 3-14 game. Remember, ten years ago, ODU went Double OT and beat Villanova in a 3-14 game; it was a tournament classic. It might just happen again.

As for my team---we hope to get a first-round NIT game at RBC Center.

And for UVA, a home version of the ACC Tournament, since they'll be checking out of the hotel rooms Friday after losing Thursday night. They'll finish under .500, so no NIT, and no more having to makegood network spots preempted for their horrible play. Yippie!!

Good night.

No comments: