Monday, March 14, 2005

Jack's even odds: 4 against 21.....

As soon as the sporting goods store guy asked to speak with his brother, I knew they were staying for the fun.

Excellent segment, but why in the world did the CTU guy just assume he killed the civilian?? Don't you check to make sure he's dead because he was the guy who almost killed Jack??

Wonderful to have Michelle back; at first she seemed changed; by the end of the hour, you realized she really hasn't.

And did anyone get the sense that something might happen between Tony and Audrey? Hmmmm......

Predictions:

If anyone can figure something out of the print-out, it's Edgar.

Not sure how this "fake pilot" is going to work in, with the President's name being invoked (and they FINALLY talked about how long he'd been up in the air!!). Can someone check the credits to see who plays the Vice-President, just in case they have to yell, "understudy"??

I still don't trust Audrey.

Did I disagree with Michelle's decision regarding Sarah? Yep. Did Sarah commit a huge mistake? YEP! Which, of course, begs the question....

.....at what hour does Chloe return? Hope she got some sleep during her forced sabbatical.

Finally, there's Paul. He ain't gonna die. By "7am tomorrow", Jack may end up having more respect for Paul than Audrey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now....THE BRACKETS!!

I haven't really sat down and done my examination of the brackets (haven't had time), but I do feel sorry for the following:

1) Oklahoma State: Your reward for winning the Big 12? A possible date with Illinois in the Elite Eight near their backyard.

2) Washington Fans: Their bubble will burst...quickly. Those picking them to make it to St. Louis are nuts. Sorry. Heck, Gonzaga beat 'em, and they're in that bracket, too!

No one is talking about.....

1) Kentucky: Yep, they blew it Sunday, but, as a quiet #2 seed with the "undermanned" Duke team getting all the attention, they can focus on the task ahead, and Tubby Smith knows how to do that. Chuck Hayes can disappear, or be the most powerful force in the Tourney, it's his choice.

2) Kansas: A 3 seed (deservedly) behind UNC (everyone's darling choice if it ain't Illinois) and UConn, the defending champs. They've been struggling, but remember, it's a six game, three sets of two and through. They've got the veterans to turn it around and look at this as "the real season".

3) Boston College: Boy did the love go away quick here. I mean, they were the next to last team to lose a game this year. Skinner might use the "no respect" motivational technique here.


TOO MANY people are talking about:

1) Syracuse: And I really like them in their bracket, too. But usually, when lots of people "pick" a 4, 5, or 6 seed as their darkhorse, becoming the "popular" choice, they usually end up falling short. So, I'm still considering them, but not as much as 48 hours ago.

2) Louisville: See Syracuse. I feel the exact the same way, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the Cardinals.

3) Vermont: VERMONT????


The 12-5 Syndrome:

At least one #12 always beats a #5 in the first round. Lots of people are thinking Old Dominion could knock off Michigan State, and I agree, but, my choice for the most likely upset is.....

George Washington over Georgia Tech.

The Jackets are ripe for a fall. They've not been able to sustain anything this year, why do you think they can suddenly "turn it on" now?


Final Four Picks??

Haven't decided yet. It'll be on this blog before 12noon Thursday, believe that!

Oh, and I'm really considering buying the domain name "prosperitytheologysucks.com", if it's available. That's how strong I feel regarding the teaching, the damage its doing in the body of Christ, and the tremendous amount of resources it's diverting from real ministry.

I'm still searching the Scriptures awaiting Jesus to tell me about my great financial gains here on earth.

Heck, and I thought the whole time He was talking about another kingdom. Silly me.

No comments: