Saturday, March 12, 2005

Pet Peeve Alert!!!

I have very few pet peeves.....

...men who can't seem to pee straight at work and then never clean up their crime scene....

...men who don't hold doors open for ladies anymore...
...and, subsequently, women who get indignant when I do hold the door for them because "they can do it themselves".

My new #1 Pet Peeve, though, is this:

When you email someone, using the "reply" button, take FIVE SECONDS and CHANGE the subject line of the email, unless you are actually REPLYING to that email's content.

Case in point. I handle commercials. Lots and lots of them. I get an mp3 from a client for a clothing store several months ago.

About two months later, the same guy sends me a spot for a dairy company, but, because he used my old email from two months earlier, the subject line of the email referenced THE CLOTHING COMPANY even though the commercial being sent to us (this time a script) was for a dairy product featured at a local grocer.

For all I knew, this was to replace copy for the clothier (I don't know, maybe they own alot of stock in (insert name of large cheese company here).)

After clearing up the confusion, I shook my head in disbelief.

Simple:

If it's germane to the conversation sent to you, hit reply.

If it ain't, or it's a brand new thought/idea/request/slam/whatever.....create a new email, or at the very least....

CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Love and kisses,

Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob -

Even worse is when people respond by sending neither a new subject heading nor hitting the reply button.

Wayne