Friday, March 11, 2005

Happy Weekend Everybody....or, how I survived the war in seven easy steps.....

What?

I love titles that have NOTHING to do with the post.

Various events and happenings over the past however many hours it's been since I last made my public blogging appearance.....

1) From the Baltimore Sun: "Frank DiVenti hobbled into the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen on crutches yesterday to say goodbye to a childhood pal.

"Chuck Thompson was my best friend when I was growing up, though he never knew me," said DiVenti of Hamilton."

Chuck Thompson was my friend, too, for many years in my childhood, listening to my beloved Orioles. God bless his family during this time; the airwaves will not be the same.

2) The, ah, event/fallacy/charade, etc. that I've alluded to, but have not received permission from God to speak about publicly, reached another turn. I won't need the Governor's race in Virginia this year to get my political fix....I've got all I can stand right up the street!

3) I LOVE DAYS WHEN I FEEL GOOD.

--When I was young, even as old as, say, 33 or 34, I took a "good day" so much for granted, it wasn't funny, only, I didn't realize it 'til now. Yesterday was a joke. I knew it Wednesday night crawling in bed that Thursday would be a disaster. I made it to work for four hours, had to leave, and collapsed here the rest of the day. Of course, I had to get myself up to go back to the station to dub in a late-arriving commercial scheduled to air the next morning.....

Tonight, after paying for my pseudo-absence yesterday by working from 830am to 1030pm, only breaking to pick up Rachel from school, I at least got to work on catching up (I never really catch up, but that's another story) my work because I felt good. I'm in the drive thru at McDonalds on the way home grabbing a Chocolate Milkshake for the Missus patiently waiting at home, and I thought to myself, "Man, I love these moments when I feel good."

I appreciate them now. I savor them now. I love them now. You should feel the same about your good days, good moments, and good times, too. Trust me, you don't know when they'll be few and far between. Praise God for a good day. :)

4) NC State may actually shock the living crap out of me and make the NCAA Tournament, and we have Chris Paul and his chop to the, ah, private parts of Julius Hodge in part to thank. Remember? Paul hits Hodge last Sunday night in the game Wake wins at the buzzer, then gets suspended for the 1st game of the ACC Tourney, which ends up against, NC State of course, who proceeds to win tonight. YEAH!!!

With Maryland losing to Clemson 3 times and Va Tech getting blown out today, it looks like five teams from the ACC: North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Ga Tech, and NC State.

They could add teams out to Montana, but face it, ACC Basketball revolves around the state of North Carolina. :)

If I get time Monday night (before and after "24" of course!) I'll try to take a few moments and break down the tourney from my poor point of view.

Of course, not minding to toot my own horn here, but I did win the state of Virginia competition on ESPN.com's Bracket Challenge last year, getting 3 of the Final Four, and picking UConn to win it all.

So, once in my life I get it about right. I should return to the shackles of mediocrity this season.....:)

No comments: