Wednesday, December 22, 2004

T-Minus 3 Days....

...Christmas is still Saturday, right? I've been in such a zone of work that I don't feel so "Christmas-ey", even after doing the Christmas play at church last night.

Oh, by the way, the play went well....very few gaffes, we were all happy. Thank God the public didn't see the 5:30 run-through, it was a disaster. I felt like I missed almost as many lines as I nailed. ARRGHH!

Okay, I'm past that....

Now, it's get all the work at the station done in order to "enjoy" a three-day weekend.....

Then, it's the kids off to see Nana Norma on Christmas Eve, then back in town to change and head to church for 6pm service. Oh, yeah, need a sermonette for that one, too. Check.

Then, it's Christmas, and we'll wait for the kids to get home to open presents, then, maybe some rest...especially after church Sunday. Football!!!!

What is today anyway? Oh, yeah, December 22nd....

HISTORY NOTES:

December 22, 1986: I moved home. After almost 16 event-filled and historic months (beginning of radio career) in Lenox, Massachusetts, I returned to Richmond (and not Beaverdam....) and got used to apartment life and contemplated what in the heck I would do next, besides try to find a radio job! :)

December 22, 1999: Things (and commercial production) were winding down on Church Hill as we wrapped up work before the holiday at WRVA.

December 22, 2000: Things (like commercial production) were winding down on Basie Road as we wrapped up work before the holiday for all six stations and VNN.

December 22, 2002: My last "conversation" with Mama. I stopped by after running the paper route (what ended up being my final route delivery) to the hospital, left a newspaper, checked on her. She responded when I told her I had to go to church. I returned in the evening, she recognized my voice when I talked to Bonnie on the phone, and I helped her with a sip of water. That was our last conscious contact. I believe her last word to me was "uh-huh", as she affirmatively said she wanted a sip of water. And this day began the final week of Mama's life.

Okay---work like a dog Thursday, ship out kids and have church Friday, Christmas at home Saturday (with maybe a trip to see Fat Albert), church Sunday, and a nice long nap with football on the TV Sunday afternoon! :)

Night, folks!

No comments: