Friday, December 10, 2004

December 9 Musings early on December 10th...

Well, that's what happens when the best laid plans of mice and men go awry...

Rather than pull the long day at work straight through, I had to stop, pick up the kids, and take Robbie to his choral concert at Brookland tonight. Mom was the designated taker, but she's sick now! Three out of four of us, and I do NOT have time to be sick, so that's that!

So, back to the office at 845pm, out at 1240am, and it's now December 10th....

....but about December 9th....

Each year, growing up, I arbitrarily, in my head, determined December 9th was the perfect day to put up the Christmas tree. We never did the "grab the tree as soon as the turkey dinner is over on Thanksgiving" charade.

16 days 'til Christmas, enough time to enjoy the tree, not enough time to grow weary of it. Most years the night can be set aside to focus solely on the tree (and of course, stringing the lights around my bedroom window...)

Now, the real question here......why December 9th?

After many years to reflect (though I didn't), I can only come up with one possible answer....

I have absolutely no idea.

--------------------------------------------

Ah, a thunderstorm has just arrived in Glen Allen--there's nothing like going to sleep to the sound of thunder rumbling...and, in my case, accompanied by a sleep apnea machine and two fans.

You're right...I hate trying to sleep in complete silence.

Speaking of sleep, I gotta get up in 5 1/2 hours.

Night!

PS---I forgot to mention two songs on my list from last night's ride home...

Your Wildest Dreams and I Know You're Out There Somewhere, both from, of course, the Moody Blues.

Why do I keeping saying Genesis is my favorite band? Couldn't tell from these latest posts.....

No comments: