Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Sleep Apnea? Don't Wait!!!!

If you read nothing else on my blog, PLEASE read the following:

If you are constantly tired, especially after waking up from a night of "sleep" (at least you think you slept), fall asleep easy watching TV or reading, feel excessively sleepy in the daytime, have decrease sex drive, have gained weight, have symptoms of depression, and most likely, if you are told you snore and snore rather loudly, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of asking your doctor for a referral to a sleep disorders center for a sleep study.

In light of Reggie White's death, there are several schools of thought as to how his sleep apnea did or did not contribute to his death. No matter, if you have all, or even some, of the symptoms listed above, see your doctor...NOW.

I did in 2002, had a sleep study, and discovered I was "waking up" 33 times an hour (40 plus is considered severe). I have a CPAP machine, and after lots of trials with it, I'm happy to say I've worn it nightly for most of this year. In fact, it's approaching the 3,000 hour mark in time used. :)

For more information, click here, then follow the link in the article to the sleep apnea web site.

90 percent of sleep apnea sufferers do NOT know they have the problem. Don't be one of those who stay unaware of the potentially dangerous problem.

No comments: